Content Marketing Writer
San Francisco or USA Remote
Fastly helps the world’s most popular digital businesses keep pace with their customer expectations by delivering fast, secure, and scalable online experiences. Businesses trust Fastly to accelerate the pace of technical innovation, mitigate evolving threats, and scale on demand. Founded in 2011, Fastly powers online destinations including Airbnb, GitHub, Alaska Airlines, Pinterest, Vimeo, The Guardian, The New York Times and Ticketmaster.
The worldwide cloud services market is projected to grow rapidly to $236 billion in 2020, according to Forrester, Inc. As more and more businesses move operations to the cloud, Fastly is well positioned to continue increasing CDN, cloud networking and cloud security market share with edge cloud services that reach beyond content delivery.
We’re building a better Internet. Come join us.
CONTENT MARKETING WRITER
The Content Marketing Writer is responsible for owning Fastly’s voice and managing content across a number of channels to drive lead generation, product education, and brand awareness. The ideal candidate has a passion for words and data, is curious, and understands how to influence an audience with the right tone, message, and delivery. You’ll work closely with the marketing, product management, engineering, legal, and support teams to become a subject matter expert in our product, create and drive the editorial calendar, solicit/acquire content that meets strategic needs, edit all content prior to publishing, and be able and willing to dive in and write compelling content yourself when needed.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop, define and execute content marketing objectives and plans, ensuring that activities line up with the overall content marketing strategy.
- Plan integrated content across all content channels (email, social, ads, blog, case studies, white papers, etc.)
- Ensure content plans are relevant and speak to Fastly’s audience and industry trends
- Identify gaps and develop plans for missing content – e.g., highlighting an industry vertical or developing specific case studies to support growth/demand generation marketing activities
- Ensure content plans support the goals and objectives of Product, Engineering, Marketing, etc.
- Research, identify and solicit expertise and sources for content (internally and externally)
- Use data to inform the success of content efforts and adjust plans and strategies accordingly.
- Collaborate across functions and teams to ensure delivery of an effective content marketing strategy and editorial plan
- Proactively communicate with stakeholders; schedule and hold meetings to drive plans and projects to completion
- Set clear goals and priorities for content production, proactively communicating objectives, results, and tradeoffs
- Function as an in-house content expert and advisor
- Educate and influence others on content plans and objectives
- Ensure integrity of brand narrative (voice, style, tone)
- Manage central editorial calendar and related content queues
- Stay on top of industry developments, news, and trends
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years in a writing field related to business-to-business technology
- Experience acquiring content from a variety of sources, and developing writing ability of in-house staff (marketers, product managers, engineers)
- Meticulous attention to detail with outstanding proofreading, fact-checking, and editing skills
- Ability to present complex technical concepts in a clear and compelling manner to target audiences
- Feel comfortable speaking to users and conducting interviews
- Detail-oriented and deadline-driven, with very strong project management and organizational skills
- Familiar with best practices for content marketing and SEO
- Demonstrated ability to understand target prospect/customer persona, and tailor message for that particular audience
- Team player with outstanding communication skills and a hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves work ethic; comfortable with seeking out relevant internal and external experts and helping shape content opportunities with them
- Comfortable juggling multiple projects and aggressive deadlines
- Creative with a healthy sense of humor
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Technical Marketing, Computer Science, or a related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customershave a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful — every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply!
The post Content Marketing Writer appeared first on Remote.co.