Title: Director of Sales Operations
Location: Austin, TX or Remote
Mitratech is a proven global technology partner for corporate legal and compliance teams. Our approach to work is proactive, collaborative, and committed. The professionals who are thriving at Mitratech are people like you who know how to balance individual excellence with teamwork. We believe our employees’ enthusiasm fuels great work, so we pursue individuals with a passion for building an environment of ownership, transparency, continuous improvement as well as a dedication to driving the best possible experience for our clients. In other words, if you like people and technology, you’ll fit right in.
The mission of the Mitratech Sales Operations team is to increase the effectiveness and productivity of the Sales Team by providing processes, tools, technology and supporting services that will enable Sales to meet / exceed goals. Reporting to the Vice President of Sales Operations, the Director of Sales Operations leads the team that:
- Drives the annual Sales Planning process which includes setting of bookings and renewals budgets and quotas, sales organization design, territory and customer account allocation, and comp plan design; ensures the appropriate integration and alignment with Finance, HR, Marketing and other teams; and models impact of YoY changes.
- Contributes to GTM Playbooks by providing:
- Segmentation and market sizing
- Target setting & performance tracking/reporting
- Approval (e.g. deal desk) policy/requirements
- Proactively uses data analytics to identify weaknesses, root causes and opportunities in current sales performance and recommends solutions including strategy shifts, process changes, team or rep training, tech stack additions, automations or improvements, etc.
- Responds to ad hoc data/analytics requests from the Board of Directors, Senior Leadership, and others.
- Leads projects to improve the business including process changes, acquisition integrations, tech stack deployments/changes, etc.
- Defines, refines and implements policies for data health/cleanliness, data retention, and deal approval.
- Keeps the business running by:
- Fielding daily questions from the sales team submitted via SFDC tickets, which typically include questions on pricing, quoting, system usage, processes, etc.
- Maintaining acceptable levels of data quality across the entire Sales & Marketing tech stack.
- Supporting administrative processes such as deal closure, comp plan administration, etc.
- Providing KPI reporting at all levels (Rep, Supporting Teams, RSD, Leadership, and Board of Directors) and across all processes including bookings and renewal attainment, forecasting, pipeline generation, conversion and management, etc.
- Providing administration of tech stack (on-boarding, off-boarding and integration maintenance)
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides coaching and development of direct reports to increase capacity, efficiency and effectiveness of roles. Prioritizes team activities in alignment with business goals.
- Provides analytical and modeling support for annual sales planning process and GTM Playbooks (described above).
- Proactively identifies performance issues, root causes and opportunities for improvement
- Provides data analytics to support point of view
- Models impact of changes in strategy, processes, and/or rep efficacy/productivity
- Works closely with sales leadership to prioritize and implement improvements
- Responds to ad hoc data/analytics requests.
- Defines, refines and optimizes processes and policies. Reduces bottlenecks. Simplifies and automates to increase productivity.
- Maintains up-to-date documentation
- Optimizes tech stack for rep and process efficiency, ensuring that we are able to scale ahead of business need and that the stack accounts for the full marketing/sales funnel.
- Identifies opportunity for and implements automations and other improvements.
- Stays abreast of market entrants, emerging technologies, and capabilities of deployed and competitive solutions.
- Recommends and implements additions, replacements and changes to the tech stack.
- Negotiates new purchase and renewal contracts
- Drives adoption
- Provides day to day project management for process change implementations, acquisition integrations, tech stack deployments/changes, etc.
- Acts as a player/coach for all activities needed to keep the business running (described above).
Skills & Knowledge
- World-class data analytics skills. Demonstrated proficiency in:
- Compiling/combining data from multiple sources
- Summarizing accurately
- Analytically rigorous model creation
- Visually presenting conclusions that answer critical questions and provide compelling support for recommendations
- Master of advanced Excel functionality; experience with other data modeling solutions (e.g. SPSS or similar) is a plus
- Regression analysis skills preferred
- Strong project management skills. Working knowledge of PMBOK / project management best practices
- PMP, CAPM or similar certification a plus
- Strong working knowledge of sales operations best practices in segmentation, territory allocation, quota-setting, and comp plan design and administration
- Demonstrated ability to define, refine and improve policies governing data integrity, data retention and deal approval
- Experiential-based knowledge of various sales methodologies (e.g. Solution Selling, Value Selling, Miller Heiman, etc.) and the pros/cons of each when applied to Enterprise-level software sales
- Administration experience with any / all of the following Sales & Marketing tech stack is a plus: Marketo, InsightSquared, Cloudingo, Xactly (Alignstar), LinkedIn Sales Navigator, DiscoverOrg, SalesDirector.ai
- Strong negotiation skills with demonstrated ability to reduce operational costs
- Data quality management experience with demonstrated ability to proactively identify and resolve data cleanliness issues, drive to root causes and guarantee daily reliability of data for decision-making
- Experience creating and maintaining organizational budgets is a plus
- Strong attention to detail with focus on data accuracy and completeness
- Ability to manage multiple, shifting priorities while still completing projects on time
- Flourishes in a fast-paced, results-oriented and demanding environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to listen, collaborate and influence across groups
- Excellent visual presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Strategic, big picture orientation with the ability to think beyond direct ask to what is needed
- Proactive, self-motivated, and a passion for excellence
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Sales/Marketing or related field or equivalent business experience
- 7+ years sales or sales operations experience, preferably with a software provider
- Managerial / leadership experience preferred
- Experience working in a PE-backed company is a plus
All applicants meeting minimum qualifications will be required to complete a 30 minute online assessment as part of your candidate application.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
The post Director of Sales Operations appeared first on Remote.co.