Content Writer – Editor II
Online – Remote
The Center for Excellence in Higher Education (CEHE) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah. CEHE operates degree-granting career colleges throughout the western United States and online. The college brands include Stevens-Henager Colleges in Utah and Idaho; CollegeAmerica in Colorado, Arizona, and Wyoming; California College San Diego, and Independence University (online platform). All of the colleges are accredited by ACCSC, a national accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. The colleges offer degree programs from the Associate’s level through the Master’s level in a variety of disciplines including Computer Science, Graphic Arts, Business/Accounting, Medical Specialties, Nursing, and Healthcare. CEHE is an at-will employer.
Content Writer/Editor II
In support of this, the Content Writer/Editor II is responsible to create career-relevant, original content for IU course curriculum and providing various levels of editing to Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and others, including substantive, line, copy, and proofing.
- Will assist Subject Matter Experts with developing content through editing
- Create original content on many subjects with little SME support
- Develop content to meet course objectives and regulatory expectations based on limited factual information or highly academic language provided by Subject Matter Experts
- Physical demands – sitting at a desk with intermittent walking, standing; for up to eight hours, bending, and occasionally lifting objects (up to 15 pounds). Work is performed primarily in a home workplace.
- Minimum of a master’s degree in English, Writing, or a related field
- Three years of professional experience in creative writing, technical writing, or editing
- Strong writing skills, particularly with a creative tilt using casual professional language
- Strong research skills
- Strong editing skills, particularly creative non-fiction and non-fiction
- Strong personal management skills
- Ability to communicate well both written and verbally
- Exceptional collaboration is required.
- Experience working in online writing or editing environments
- Computer skills including MS Office suite
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Computer skills including Adobe Creative Cloud
- Experience with Canvas or other learning management systems preferred
- Experience in instructing or course creation in higher education environments
- Experience working in writing collaborations
- Experience managing projects
- Project management
- Working in high-stress situations
- Communications proficiency
- Business acumen
- Collaboration skills
- Time management skills
- Writing and editing skills
The post Content Writer – Editor II appeared first on Remote.co.